Everyone knows the aging process is inevitable if one is still alive. As you progress in age, you realize that your system goes through several phases. You notice that you’re more prone to diseases as your fore skin has thinned out, dryness, fine lines and wrinkles, loss of elasticity and even goes on to a dull skin.
While these happenings are normal aging process, there are habits you could have indulged in that resulted to fast ageing. I’m sure we’ve all seen someone and guessing by their looks you’d expect their age to be way older. While this could be as a result of stress or too much hard work, we can’t ignore the telling signs of some habits. But it’s asserted that premature aging can’t be just due to physical labor i.e stress, hard work, there’s always the underlying day-to-day that contributes greatly to making you look older.
By taking care of your skin and overall well being, you might still have a 1000 problems but premature aging won’t be included.
Listed below are major habits you should be rid off.
1. Smoking: This is a major habit that should be curbed by all means possible. It’s really saddening that even growing teenagers have imbibed this habit. Smoking destabilizes your overall health and skin in so many unimaginable ways. The chemicals in the cigarette deprives your skin from oxygen thereby causing discoloring, pale and uneven skin even saggy skin.
It is generally said that whether you smoke or spend time with a smoker, cigarette smoke is bad for your health. Even cigarette company have stated that smokers are liable to die young. But some people are still of the opinion that it is one thing that kills a man, hence, continuous intake.
2. Drinking: Drinking and smoking mostly go hand-in-hand. But there are some cases where it’s just either drinking or smoking. Excessive alcohol intake is associated with several maligning diseases and outbreaks such as reduced liver function, skin dehydration, skin cancer, a depletion of healthy nutrients in your body.
This isn’t to say one cannot have a drink or two. But it is advised to be done in the right proportion.
3. Too much exposure to the Sun: In Nigeria, it’s really hard to escape the sun especially when you’re legging everywhere. Here, the sun must give you compulsory tan. It’s like a daily food. The adverse effect of the sun includes reduced skin elasticity, dullness and even skin pigmentation.
But in order to protect yourself from this harsh conditions, we advise you use SPF 30. It’s applied to protect your skin. You can also wear hats/caps, sunglasses to protect your face and eyes from the direct rays of the sun.
4. Little or no sleep: I sleep a lot so I admire great sleepers like me. Do you know what joy it is that you can have a full sleep in this recession without life’s worries. So it’s always a consolation that even though i don’t have 30 billion in my account, I can still have a good sleep.
So maybe your excuse for going to bed late frequently is work or you’ve to study. It’s very valid reason. But it doesn’t mean it won’t tell on you. Your skin doesn’t care if you’re doing it to secure your job or pass an examination. So it’s best everything is done in moderation.
Sleep deprivation can cause inflammatory conditions, poor collagen formation which leads to skin aging. Even when you sleep poorly, you realize that you function slowly and less effective throughout the day.
It is advised you have 7-9 hours of sleep daily. Avoid sleeping on one side of the face as it causes wrinkles and fine lines.
5. Improper skin care: Some people take moisturizing of the body very light especially guys. With excuses like it gives heat or it’s for ladies. These creams help protect your skin from contacting several infections. We all know it’s quite hot in Nigeria, but minimal amount on the body hasn’t killed anyone.
Also the need to feed well cannot be overemphasized. Eat regularly and eat well balanced meal. Don’t forget yor fruits also. They protect your skin and system from diseases.