Have you ever experience such anger in you that you feel your whole body vibrating? You just want to let off steam by hitting something or someone! Instead of doing either, why not be calm and follow these few steps:
1. If could be difficult especially when you feel hitting someone/something would immediately help ease off steam. The first step is to disassociate yourself from that thing/person that caused the outrage. Make sure you’re not in the same environment at that point because seeing the person could stir up the anger.
2. Take a deep breath. At this moment sitting is the last thing on your mind. But I advise you do sit to clear your head. Rest for a few minutes. At this point, a glass of cold water should come in handy. It dissolves that pent up anger and gives you an almost indifferent feeling.
3. Be physical (certainly don’t mean to hurt yourself/someone). Go for a light jog. The feel of the wind as it whizzes past would definitely be an added touch up to your mood. Take your mp3 or phone and listen to your favorite station or favorite music whilst jogging.
4. Take a quick cold shower. There’s almost nothing a good shower or a long dip in the tub hasn’t solved. Concentrate on the tap of the water as it sizzles down your skin. This feels almost like yoga.
5. At this point a cold drink should suffice. Sipping on that red wine or beer and concentrating on that burn it gives as it slides down your throat. While watching something comical of course!
6. Have a good laugh.
Every one gets angered at some point, but not letting your emotions get the better part of you is what makes you stand out!